Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Welcome and about me.

Hi, and thanks for coming to the Just Peachy Book Review blog!

My name is Blair, and I review books. Until recently I've been a casual reviewer on GoodReads, but I have a goal of reading more this year and I think that reviewing more books will keep me on the ball.

I'm a mom of three young children in Atlanta, Georgia. Their current ages are 6.5 years, 3 years, and 6 months. Time flies when you're having fun, and we have lots of fun! All of my children love being active--at home, building pillow forts; outdoors in our backyard and community; and as part of a church family and other organizations like Girl Scouts of America--and they all love to read and/or be read to. My oldest is an independent reader, but also enjoys reading out loud with Mom or Dad. My middle is loves to be read to and often wants to hear the same book over and over again. My littlest one has a developmentally-appropriate attention span of about 15 seconds, but he'll get there. In our family, my husband has started an oral storytelling tradition. He's been telling the Charles Squirrel story at bedtime for four years now, and now my 6 year old sometimes takes a turn telling the story. I hope that tradition lasts a long, long time.

My first love is fiction. I cut my teeth on Ramona Quimby, Pippi Longstocking, and Winnie the Pooh (the lovely A.A. Milne stories). I still love children's lit, and now I love sharing it with my children. I also love modern fiction, biography/memoir and, in recent years, have become enamored with cookbooks.

Wish me luck on this venture. I think I'll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment